How is Digital Workspace bringing benefits to organizations?
What is a Digital Workspace?
A digital workspace is a set of technologies that centralize the management of IT assets in an organization. These assets include applications, data, and desktops, which could reside in an on-premises data center or on the cloud.
One of the main advantages of a digital workspace is the flexibility and easy access to applications for users. It means that employees are allowed to access to corporate resources from any location and work securely using their devices.
Digital Workspace has contributed to simplify and centralize the management of applications and devices via tools such as application and desktop virtualization, Mobile application management (MAM) and mobile device management (MDM), enterprise mobility management (EMM), file sharing and content collaboration, secure access to software as a service (SaaS) applications, and identity and access management (IAM) features such as single sign-on (SSO).
Features of a Digital Workspace
Some of the common features of the Digital Workspace are:
- Unified management of all devices (mobile or desktop)
- Single sign-on (SSO) to increase security
- Improved security when browsing the web and accessing Software as a Service (SaaS) apps
- Virtualization of applications and user desktop
- Automated workflows
What are the benefits of a Digital Workspace?
- Provides flexibility: allows employees to work from any location and from any type of device.
- Increases employee Productivity: flexibility encourages the employee to increase the productivity. A Stanford study found that work-from-home employees were 13% more productive in some positions.
- Generates higher retention rates: These technologies strengthen the employee experience. Work-from-home and hybrid employees are more satisfied with the employers, according to the same Stanford Study.
- Improves collaboration: interactions between coworkers and supervisors are easier and faster. Employees can work on projects together regardless of their physical location.
- Improves customer service: Digital workspaces can offer employees all the tools they need to solve customer issues fast.
- Increases Security: easy access and strong security are the main concern of companies. Digital workspaces that offer SSO reduce the risk of penetration or data loss.
- Reduces costs: reduce the need for costly on-premises infrastructure.
Digital workspace and organizations
In the last couple of years, organizations have been prioritizing the digital transformation in their agenda, investing in IT resources and IT development.
Organizations had to speed up the process of this migration to digital environments after 2020 so they could adapt themselves to the pandemic, as this emphasized in the need for work-from-anywhere solutions.
A report from Harvard Business Review about “Digital acceleration redefines the future of work”, stands that 86% of organizations accelerated digital transformation in 2020- 2021.
After the Covid pandemic, worldwide business spending is shifting into more cloud, more remote/flexible work models and prioritization of digital transformation, according to IDC.
Nowadays, organizations are implementing their own digital workspace to improve their productivity, flexibility, and security.
Finally, this concentration of enterprise digital resources into a single virtual location has been simplifying the management of IT assets.
Netser Group can support your company with IT Services. From specific projects to flexible long-term contracts, we customize services according to your needs.
Learn how we are helping companies with their multi-country operations.
Fill in the form in this link and receive a personalized consultation with Netser Group.
Harvard Business Review Digital Analytic Services. Digital Acceleration Redefines the Future of Work. <https://hbr.org/resources/pdfs/comm/workday/DigitalAccelerationDefinesFOW.pdf>
International Data Corporation (IDC). Conference “State of the Market: IT Spending by Industry Outlook 2022”. <https://www.idc.com/getdoc.jsp?containerId=WC20220217>
Parallels. What Is a Digital Workspace, and How Does It Empower Organizations? <https://www.parallels.com/blogs/ras/digital-workspace/>
TechTarget. Digital Workspace. <https://www.techtarget.com/searchenterprisedesktop/definition/digital-workspace>
VMWare. What is a Digital Workspace? <https://www.vmware.com/topics/glossary/content/digital-workspace.html>